Ask for free help with civil (non-criminal) legal matters. People aged 60 and over should call the Senior Helpline. If you`re looking for help with a legal issue, a local legal aid agency can offer free legal advice and help you find a free or low-cost lawyer. For more information about organizations in Illinois, see below or search for addresses to find a Legal Services Corporation (LSC)-funded legal aid organization near you. We take as many cases as possible. We are sorry that we do not have enough lawyers for everyone. What happens if we can`t handle your case? We may always be able to provide you with timely legal advice. Or tell them where you can get help. We also have brochures on this site. They can help you with your legal problem. In rare cases, tenants can get legal representation to sue their landlords.

You`ll need to hire a private lawyer to pursue this option, which may not be affordable for many tenants. You may be able to find a lawyer through the King County Bar Association`s Lawyer Referral Service. OCJ`s helpline is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to provide legal advice and telephone information to New York tenants who need help with legal questions regarding rent, lease, or other landlord-tenant matters. Some of these brochures deal with cases that we take care of. Some deal with cases that we do not accept. We only take care of legal issues for which you cannot go to jail yourself. If you have a criminal case, you should call the Public Defender`s Office. To see the types of cases we accept, click HERE.

It is illegal for a landlord to evict you without bringing an eviction action against you in court or before there is a court order authorizing a commissioner to evict you. If you believe you have been illegally locked out, you can take legal action (an “illegal lockout” or “restitution of property”) in the housing court. Under New York City`s Right to Attorneys Act (RTC), the DSS/HRA Office of Civil Justice (OCJ) offers tenants facing eviction in housing court or NYCHA administrative proceedings free access to legal representation and advice from nonprofit legal aid organizations in all five boroughs. For OCJ legal advice on tenant housing, please call 311 and ask for the City`s Tenant Helpline. Mi Casa Resource Center and Colorado Hispanic Bar Association Website: Phone: (303) 573-1302 Offers a free legal clinic on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 6pm to 8pm. Participants must make an appointment prior to the event: The clinic will only provide you with general legal information and advice. The clinic does not provide you with specific, individual legal advice. If you need extra help after the clinic, call our toll-free helpline to ask for help. Centro San Juan Diego, Archdiocese of Denver Website: Telephone: (303) 295-9470 Provides free legal advice on housing and immigration matters by telephone on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month. Colorado Legal Services website: Phone: (303) 837-1313.

For Adams County, call 720-595-4379. For Adams County or Broomfield Email [email protected] Other Colorado Legal Services Locations in Colorado: If you are faced with a request from your landlord to issue an eviction order against you, the CJO can provide you with free legal services through our non-profit legal service providers. The OCJ has partnered with Legal Services to provide tenants in New York City with free access to telephone legal advice and information. All tenants who are currently subject to an eviction order are eligible, regardless of their postal code, immigration status, or whether the tenant has previously refused or was not eligible for legal representation under the universal access program, and regardless of household income under an income exemption from the CJOC. If you are a tenant and have questions about harassment by your landlord, repairs to your apartment or building, or your rights as a tenant, please call 311 and ask for the tenant helpline or visit the city`s online tenant resource portal for information and resources for New York City tenants. including free legal advice from the non-profit legal service providers of the CJOC. If your landlord refuses to fix a serious or dangerous situation in your home, such as mold, peeling lead paint, or leakage, or if your landlord doesn`t provide the essential services you`re legally entitled to, such as heating, hot water, gas, electricity, or adequate security, you can file a complaint with the housing court (an HP lawsuit) asking a judge to order your landlord to perform these Repairs. Legal advice is free, available in any zip code, and available regardless of immigration status. Below is a list of free, low-cost rent assistance and legal resources for renters and mobile/manufactured landlords renting land in Colorado. If you are a tenant or owner of a mobile home that is at risk of eviction, or if you have other questions about your lease or tenancy, you can contact one of the following organizations to understand your legal rights.

The Housing Department does not guarantee the quality or availability of the legal services listed. If you have any questions or comments about this list, please contact [email protected] Legal aid is extremely valuable for tenants, but it must be used in certain ways. There are five ways to make legal aid work for you in resolving landlord-tenant disputes. Many of these resources are free or inexpensive for tenants seeking help. Contact each program individually to learn more about the terms and conditions. If you believe you have been illegally locked out of your home by your landlord, the OCL may offer free legal services through our non-profit legal service providers to assist you in an “illegal lockout case” in housing court. We provide low-income North Carolina residents with free legal aid in civil cases involving basic human needs such as security, housing, income and more. Washington LawHelp provides detailed information about the laws governing tenancy in Washington State. You can also call CLEAR, the Northwest Justice Project`s free legal aid and support for low-income Washington state residents.

CLEAR is open Monday to Friday 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Tue 3:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. at 888-201-1014. If you are facing an eviction case, the CJO may provide free legal assistance through our non-profit legal service providers to provide you with legal representation or other assistance in your housing court case under city law to a lawyer. You may be able to speak to a lawyer to understand or respond to an eviction notice or grant termination. If you have defenses in an eviction trial, you may be able to get a lawyer to represent you in court. You can call CLEAR Line Legal Assistance at 888.201.1014 from anywhere in the state. CLEAR is the Northwest Justice Project`s free legal aid and support for low-income residents of Washington State and is open Monday through Friday from 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.

and Tuesday from 3:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. The King County Bar Association`s Housing Justice Project is the primary tenant resource for King County residents who live outside of the city of Seattle and need legal assistance for an eviction notice or lawsuit. The Catholic Community Services Legal Action Centre can also help tenants facing eviction. Tenants of subsidized or Section 8 voucher housing may be represented at a complaint hearing by the Northwest Justice Project or the Legal Action Center.